Why video content is crucial for marketing a small business
Video is undisputedly a key strategy for growing your small business and I’m certainly not alone when I say this. Did you know that 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the medium with the best Return on Investment (ROI)? [source: copypress.com]
In other words, just over half of all marketers believe that for every dollar spent on video, the returns outweigh all other forms of marketing. ROI on video is out performing other forms of marketing such as print, paid search, text and photography.
Put simply, video marketing really works. There is no doubt that video is effective and is growing in popularity. It appears to me that video marketing is coming of age.
The marketing industry has embraced video in recent years and I’m going to share with you some recent statistics I’ve collated that demonstrate the importance of video content for small business.
Top 5 Statistics
- “Since June 2014 there has been an average of more than 1 billion video views on Facebook every day.” [source: newsroom.fb.com]
- “More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month.” [source: youtube.com (May 2013)
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers and retailers cite 40% increases in purchases as the result of video. [Source: invodo.com]
- “59% of Australian’s watch online videos to help inform their purchase choices” [Source: Nielson Australian Online Consumer Report 2011-2012]
- Marketers who use video in e-mail cite increased click-through rates, increased time spent reading the e-mail, increased sharing and forwarding, increased conversion rates, increased dollars generated as the top benefits. [Source: forrester.com]
There is no doubt that the future for video marketing is bright. Communicating with your customers via video will continue to grow in popularity and will soon dominate the online landscape. Just consider a few of the current opportunities: video in email, social media video especially Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, online e-commerce sales videos, online web videos to promote offline businesses, lead generation via free video “tips and ticks” training opt-ins…and the list goes on.
Is it too late to start?
If you are not currently using video in your business marketing then don’t worry, it’s not too late. Video is still a developing medium and you will find that not all of your competitors are using it effectively and some, not at all.
However, don’t delay! In the not too distant future you will find that your competitors are using video and very effectively. If nothing else, you will need to use video just to stay competitive. Today you have a great opportunity to get in early and leverage the power of video and get ahead of your competition. You can stand out among your competitors and get an unfair advantage with video.
You have a tremendously powerful tool at your disposal, one that up until now has not been readily available. Every small business owner and entrepreneur now has the opportunity to connect with customers via this new and exciting medium: video. Keep in mind, this opportunity equally is present for both online and offline businesses.
Don’t miss out! Make sure you and your business take advantage of the incredible power of video today. Act now and enjoy the rewards.
“Why video content is crucial for marketing a small business” article first published on NETT Magazine