Sell more property with 16 effective video marketing strategies
Whilst the real estate industry is often viewed as innovative and even with some agencies clearly benefiting from having embraced video marketing, many agencies are wary of using video as part of their marketing strategies. Unfortunately these agencies are missing out on a golden opportunity and risk falling behind their video leveraging competition. Looking at the real estate industry through the prism of a video marketer I see endless and largely untapped opportunities to leverage video beyond the simple photomontage property video on realestate.com.au
Let’s be honest, in an industry that is not always held in the highest regard, the key video strategy I see tremendous value in is inspiring trust. Video is the leading communication tool to ‘break the ice’ so that your clients, both buyers and sellers quickly get to know an agent and/or agency and build a high level of faith and trust.
There are an unlimited number of video marketing strategies available and here are 16 ideas to get you thinking about the possibilities:
- Personal agent bio video published on social media and the website
- Agency code of ethics/mission statement
- Agency meet the team videos
- Hyper local knowledge broadcast via social media and email every Friday
- YouTube channel dedicated to educating both buyers and sellers
- Seasonal video reviews on the latest trends and data
- Happy client testimonials – this is a easy win strategy with big benefits
- Personalised property marketing video that inspires purchasing a lifestyle
- Monthly RBA rate review updates broadcast via social media and email
- Personalised ‘thank you for listing’ video emails
- Personalised ‘thank you for purchasing’ videos emails
- Weekly property wrap –new listings, sold properties, auction results
- Sponsorship stories – why?
- Suburb analysis for investors
- A guide to first homebuyers to demystify the process.
- A three part guide to subdivision to demonstrate knowledge
With so many opportunities to leverage video and with so few agencies taking full advantage I find myself speculating as to what is holding the industry back. I feel it is the same reason video ends up in the too hard basket in so many other industries as well. What is holding people back from embracing video is fear. Even though being a agent involves a certain amount of the public spotlight, there is a fear of what you will look like on camera, fear of what you will sound like, fear of what other people will think of you when they see you on video and so on. The fear of stepping up to the stage and into the limelight simply puts people off.
I’m going to let you into a secret. After 10 years of being behind the camera it took a great deal of courage for me to recently step in front of the camera. I did so because in order to take my business to the next level, I knew I had to and so do you. Even though I hated seeing myself on camera I persisted and got over it through practice.
As the Chinese philosopher Laozi said, “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”. The first steps are always the hardest to take, but trust me, as you make more videos, it becomes easier. Planning your video marketing strategies is the first and most important step.
Is it too late to start you might ask? If you are not currently using video in your business then don’t worry, it’s not too late. Video is still a developing marketing tool and you will find that not all of your competitors are using it effectively and some, not at all. However, don’t delay! In the not too distant future you will find that your competitors are using video and very effectively. If nothing else, you will need to use video just to stay competitive. Plan your video marketing strategies now and take action today.
You have a great opportunity today to get in early and leverage the power of video and get ahead of your competition and sell more property. You can stand out among your competitors and get an unfair advantage with video. Go on, give it a try and you will be pleasantly surprised by the results.
” Sell more property with 16 effective video marketing strategies “Article first published on Real Estate Business